2nd Floor Renovation
(August 1st- September 23rd)
· The second floor dining room is being updated to include new flooring, new lounge spaces and a redesign of the area.
· The work will last approximately 3 months and will happen in 2 phases.
· Phase 1 will begin in Aug, the current 2nd floor lounge space will be closed off for construction.
· Dining seating will be adjusted to accommodate the change during construction.
· Recreation activities will occur in different location throughout the building.
New Front Door
· We will be replacing the front door.
· The activity will take 2 days to replace the securing and lock system and the doors themselves.
· To ensure security of the residents we will have to completely block off the exit during the replacement.
· Families will have to use the side staff entrance during this time.
(September 1st-December 1st)
· Both elevators will be upgraded with new mechanisms and finishes.
· Work will occur on one elevator at a time to limit the inconvenience for families and staff.
New Patio Railings (August 19th-31st)
· This will add new exterior railing to the south deck to ensure safety and security for all residents.
· The actual installation should not disrupt care activities as the work is on the exterior of the building.
· After completion we will be able to reopen the south deck to residents and families.