Fair Haven Homes Society is contracted through the Health Authorities to provide residential care for clients with complex care needs.  The Health Authorities are responsible for arranging the admissions and determining the resident fees. 

To have someone admitted to either Fair Haven Vancouver or Fair Haven Burnaby you must go through your local Health Authority.

How to get started

If someone for whom you provide care (e.g. an aging parent or spouse) needs more help due to chronic illness, disability or dementia, please contact your Health Authority.

If you live in Burnaby - please contact:

Fraser Health Residential Care at 604-519-8500 or
Check out the link at

If you live in Vancouver, please contact:

Vancouver Coastal Health Residential Care at 604-263-7377 or
Check the web site at

The Case Manager from the Health Authority will conduct a thorough standardized assessment of the person’s need and urgency for residential care to determine eligibility for admission.

If you or your loved one is currently in a hospital, please contact the Hospital Social Worker.


Tours of the Fair Haven Care facilities are conducted on:

The 1st Wednesday of the month at 9:30 am – Vancouver Fair Haven  604-433-2939 local 101
The 1st Wednesday of the month at 1:00 pm – Burnaby Fair Haven      604-435-0525 local 300

Please call a day or two in advance to confirm the schedule.