Fair Haven Society - Family Council
The Family Council is comprised of a group of relatives and friends of residents of Fair Haven. The Council works together with staff to maintain and enhance the quality of life of residents, and to provide a voice in decisions that affect our loved ones in the facility.
The Family Council allows families to support each other, offer encouragement and information. Families have an opportunity to express their ideas and concerns, and work towards positive change. Family Council involvement can especially benefit residents who are physically or mentally unable to voice their concerns and needs for themselves.
Our goals are to:
- Inform and educate families
- Share ideas for the purpose of problem solving
- Maintain two-way communication between families, residents and the facility
- Collaborate with facility staff, families and residents to address the interests of all residents and families
- Provide mutual support for all residents and their families
We welcome all new families and friends of residents to become involved with the Family Council. For further details, please speak to the Clinical Nurse Manager.
NEXT MEETING OF THE FAMILY COUNCIL WILL BE FEBRUARY 21 AT 7:00PM IN BURNABY